Our Gardens & Projects
African American Art and Culture Complex Garden
Location: 762 Fulton St.
- Built by CommunityGrows and BEETS teens in 2010
- Features drought-tolerant and native plants
- Serves neighborhood as a pollinator garden
Location: 700 Alemany Blvd.
- San Francisco’s only working farm!
- 4 acres of edible fruits and vegetables
- We teach weekly environmental education classes with our partners, Vision Academy
Booker T. Community Center Garden
Location: 800 Presidio Ave.
- Managed by CommunityGrows since 2010
- Offers environmental education program for youth from Booker T.
- Features chickens, strawberries, fruits trees and vegetable beds
- Currently UNDER CONSTRUCTION as part of Booker T.’s renovation project
Cobb Elementary School Garden
Location: 2725 California St.
- Managed by CommunityGrows since 2012
- Offers environmental education program for youth from the ExCEL AFter-School Program at Cobb Elementary School
- Grows collards, broccoli, beans, mustard and more!
Hayward Rec Connect Garden and Kitchen
Location: at Hayward Rec Center, Golden Gate and Laguna
- Built and designed by CommunityGrows and BEETS in 2011
- Features unique geometric design with pentagon-shaped garden bed
- Seed to Mouth cooking classes offered at Hayward Rec Connect
Jewish Community High School Garden
Location: 1835 Ellis St.
- Begin maintaining and teaching in the garden in 2014
- Offers environmental education program for youth from the Up on Top
- Kids love digging for worms in the raised beds!
- Currently UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Koshland Community Learning Garden
Location: in Koshland Park, Page and Buchanan
- CommunityGrows’ flagship site since 1994
- Our programs teach over 150 youth each weekat Koshland Garden
- Offers environmental education program for students from John Muir Elementary School
- Features hillside orchard, berry patches, and memorial shade garden
New Liberation Garden
Location: corner of Divisadero and Eddy
- Garden programs launched in the June 2015
- Stewarded in partnership with USF Environmental Studies Program
- Offers environmental education program for youth from the Booker T. Washington Community School
- Features a medicinal herb and native species garden!
Plaza East Housing: Community Kitchen
Location: 1300 Buchanan St.
- Began teaching bi-monthly Seed to Mouth cooking classes in 2015
- Classes are for kids and families!
- Healthy recipes include fresh and local vegetables, whole grains and love
Rosa Parks Elementary School Garden
Location: 1501 O’Farrell St.
- Managed by CommunityGrows since 2008
- Offers environmental education program for students from Rosa Parks Elementary School
- Holds monthly school-wide Salad Days
- Serves 400+ students annually
- Provides instructional garden plots for each teacher
- Home to three beloved egg-laying chickens: Luigi, Louise and Forty-Niner
Western Addition Peace Wall
Location: around Koshland Park, Page and Buchanan
- Created by CcommunityGrows in 2007
- 800+ tiles made by neighborhood youth and residents
- Represents what peace means to each individual artist
Willie Mays Boys and Girls Club at Hunters Point: Garden and Kitchen
Location: 195 Kiska Rd.
- In the fall of 2015 we began teaching garden and environmental education classes to youth in their awesome garden– the first Edible Schoolyard in San Francisco!
- Utilizing vegetables, fruits and herbs from the garden, we will begin teaching cooking classes in their demonstration kitchen in January 2016
Want to know more about the organizations we work with? Check out our Partners page!
Come visit the Koshland Park & Garden anytime to volunteer or for special community events. Bring along a friend or your family with you if you come. The more the merrier!