Year Established: 1994
GOAL: TO EDUCATE EACH STUDENT TO HIGH ACADEMIC LEARNING STANDARDS USING A HANDS-ON SCIENCE CURRICULUM THAT WILL FOSTER KNOWLEDGE OF, AND RESPECT FOR, OUR ENVIRONMENT.
- Offers hands-on science curriculum that utilizes and celebrates Next Generation Science Standards
- Increases exposure to SF area green spaces, farmers markets, local farms and gardens, and other outdoor adventures
- Gardens grow over 50 varieties of fruits and vegetables
- Provides opportunities for students to learn teamwork and respect each other, while studying the environment
PARTNERS & SITES
- John Muir Elementary School (at Koshland Garden)
- Rosa Parks Elementary School gardens, and other outdoor adventures
- Booker T. Washington Community School (at New Liberation Garden)
- Cobb Elementary School ExCEL
- Magic Zone (at Koshland Garden and Ella Hill Hutch)
- Rosa Parks Elementary School ExCEL
- Willie Mays Clubhouse, Boys & Girls Club
Do you love to plant a seed and watch it grow? Do you believe sunshine and fresh air can change your life? Do you think all kids deserve sage, outdoor spaces of their own? Then volunteer become a volunteer now!