Our Gardens & Projects
African American Art and Culture Complex Garden
Location: 762 Fulton St.
- Built by CommunityGrows and BEETS teens in 2010
- Features drought-tolerant and native plants
- Serves neighborhood as a pollinator garden
Ella Hill Hutch Community Center
Location: 1050 McAllister St.
- Teach weekly after-school nutrition and cooking classes to teens.
- The center is named after former supervisor Ella Hill Hutch, the first African American woman elected to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
- Offers youth programming and events in their community building.
Faces SF Garden and Kitchen
Location: 100 Whitney Young Cir
- Weekly after-school garden education and cooking classes.
- FACES SF provides critical assistance to low income families citywide, with a focus in the Haight Ashbury, Western Addition, Visitacion Valley, and Bayview Hunters Point neighborhoods in the following areas: early childhood development, workforce training, school age enrichment programs, and family support services.
Koshland Community Learning Garden
Location: in Koshland Park, Page and Buchanan
- CommunityGrows’ flagship site since 1994
- Our programs teach over 150 youth each weekat Koshland Garden
- Offers environmental education program for students from John Muir Elementary School
- Features hillside orchard, berry patches, and memorial shade garden
Rosa Parks Elementary School Garden
Location: 1501 O’Farrell St.
- Managed by CommunityGrows since 2008
- Offers environmental education program for students from Rosa Parks Elementary School
- Holds monthly school-wide Salad Days
- Serves 400+ students annually
- Provides instructional garden plots for each teacher
- Home to three beloved egg-laying chickens: Luigi, Louise and Forty-Niner
Willie Mays Boys and Girls Club at Hunters Point: Garden and Kitchen
Location: 195 Kiska Rd.
- In the fall of 2015 we began teaching garden and environmental education classes to youth in their awesome garden– the first Edible Schoolyard in San Francisco!
- Utilizing vegetables, fruits and herbs from the garden, we will begin teaching cooking classes in their demonstration kitchen in January 2016
Cobb Elementary School Garden
Location: 2725 California St.
- Managed by CommunityGrows since 2012
- Offers environmental education program for youth from the ExCEL AFter-School Program at Cobb Elementary School
- Grows collards, broccoli, beans, mustard and more!
Hayward Rec Connect Garden and Kitchen
Location: at Hayward Rec Center, Golden Gate and Laguna
- Built and designed by CommunityGrows and BEETS in 2011
- Features unique geometric design with pentagon-shaped garden bed
- Seed to Mouth cooking classes offered at Hayward Rec Connect
Jewish Community High School Garden
Location: 1835 Ellis St.
- Begin maintaining and teaching in the garden in 2014
- Offers environmental education program for youth from the Up on Top
- Kids love digging for worms in the raised beds!
- Currently UNDER CONSTRUCTION
New Liberation Garden
Location: corner of Divisadero and Eddy
- Garden programs launched in the June 2015
- Stewarded in partnership with USF Environmental Studies Program
- Offers environmental education program for youth from the Booker T. Washington Community School
- Features a medicinal herb and native species garden!
Want to know more about the organizations we work with? Check out our Partners page!
Come visit the Koshland Park & Garden anytime to volunteer or for special community events. Bring along a friend or your family with you if you come. The more the merrier!