To our Neighbors and Friends,
We hope you are all doing well during this difficult time, and that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy.
At this time, following the shelter in place order, SF Rec and Park discourages us from visiting community gardens. We know that for some of you, the garden may be part of your essential functions. If you do choose to visit the garden, please take every precaution possible to protect yourself and other members of the community by adhering to the following guidelines:
1) Note that locks, gate and shed handles, hoses/spigots, and shared tools, as well as other garden items and resources that multiple people touch could be vectors for COVID-19 and other diseases.
2) CommunityGrows is not able provide sanitizer at this time, so please bring your own sanitizing solution and sanitize any locks, water keys, spigots, communal tools, etc. (here’s a list of effective sanitizers from the CDC website).
3) If possible, bring and use your own garden tools and equipment (here’s a link to order your own water key).
4) Be mindful of the health and needs of others, and maintain a 6-foot distance from any other gardeners or community members.
5) Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after visiting the garden, and avoid touching your face while working in the garden.
Rec and Park has added Koshland to their rounds, and will be checking on it twice a week for litter abatement and new tree watering. If you do notice something that needs attention, please get in touch.
We want to note that at this time, there is no evidence to suggest that fresh produce is associated with the transmission of COVID-19, so it’s safe to continue to eat your veggies so long as you wash them!
Thank you for being a part of our community, and please stay safe and healthy.
As always, feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns–our contact info is below.
The CG team