As we all continue to enjoy this warm weather and everything that comes with it, here is a recipe that you can enjoy with your kids this summer:
Veggie Butterfly Snack
- 1 Celery
- A spoonful SunButter
- 8-10 Blueberries
- 2 Pretzels
- 1 Cherry Tomato
- 1 Small Marshmallow
- 2 Tiny Chocolate Chips (multiply amounts by number of kids)
- Wash and slice celery into approximately 6 inch sticks.
- Spread SunButter or any non-allergen that can serve as a tasty adhesive (there are soy butter options as well!) down the middle of the celery stick, then press blueberries into the SunButter. This is the middle of your butterfly!
- For the butterfly eyes, cut your small marshmallows in half, and press the tiny chocolate chips into the non-sticky side of your marshmallow half. Take each eye and press it gently but firmly onto a dried cherry tomato. The eyes can be made many different ways, you can even purchase them pre-made.
- Now place the pretzel / wings into the SunButter on either side of the blueberries, press the cherry tomato head onto the end of the celery stick and you have a Veggie Butterfly!
You can use all kinds of vegetables for this project, such as raisins, berries, cucumbers, sweet peppers, carrots, as long as you’ve got some goggly eyes to go with it it’s going to be really fun and delicious.